Friday, September 11, 2009

rhythm.connection presents A MOMENT WITH YouTube MUSICIANS - MEGAN LEE

Hello world! Back with another interview with another rising YouTube star - enter Megan Lee!

Megan Lee (born September 18, 1995) is an singer/dancer/actress from Northridge, California. She has quite the resume, including having done commercials for Wal-Mart and DirecTV, has been in promos for several different Disney shows, dances a variety of styles, and plays several instruments, to go hand in hand with her amazing voice and acting. Now she spared a moment to answer some questions!

How long have you been doing music for? Are you doing it professionally or independently?
I have been doing music all my life and I am currently independent :]

What style of music do you generally play?
Most of the time i am r&b, pop, and pop/soft rock; sometimes i like to freestyle rap with my brother!! :D

How did you first get involved in music?
I always had a passion for music.

What made you decide to starting YouTubing your musical talent?
I was influenced by other Youtube stars ^ ^

Who are your biggest musical influences?
Christina Aguilera and Michael Jackson

How does it feel to be getting all this support from people for doing what you do?
I feel very LUCKY. And very appreciative. :]

Is there ANY musician that you would like to do a collaboration with in the future?
Singing with Jason Mraz ;]

What has been your most popular cover on YouTube? Your most popular original song on YouTube?
Haha I don't think I have that many views yet on YouTube because I've been deleting and haven't been posting up many vids yet...but I'm currently working on it! I have to admit that I need to be more diligent on it. :]

What was it like performing alongside big names like Jinah Kim, Gerald Ko, Alfa, Mike Isberto and the like at Kollaboration Acoustic 3?
I thought it was a GREAT honor to sing alongside them and to meet them ;] Everyone actually was just AMAZING. Every performer is my inspiration and role models! Plus, just to be on that stage made me feel like a super star!! Wow!

I imagine you have a lot of music tastes; what do you normally play on your iPod and/or when you’re at home?
I love fun beats and tunes.. CATCHY songs!! :D And recently I added tons of kpop and jpop! haha

Where’s the one place where you can go and get your creative flow going in order to write/create music?
My bedroom ♥ I have a really interesting room with tons of posters and colorful things, its where my creativity takes place. ^ ^ everything happens in there ;D

Who is your closest musician friend, and how did you two meet?
Will Volume. :] i have only known him for a couple of months but somehow it feels like years. Hes a very talented musician, friend, and music teacher. He can play over 20 instruments!! isn't that crazy?? haha. We met when I was looking for a pianist for the Kollaboration performance!!

What do you do in your spare time when you’re not playing music?
I love to draw!! :] and I'm pretty interested in fashion designing! It makes me relaxed... ;]

What do you hope to accomplish while being involved in music?
First of all, a finished original song that im working on now :] And eventually, I want to become a musician who could be a positive influence to people. I want my music to relate to other people and to put smile on people's faces.

Do you have any final words for the readers?
haha THANK YOU SOOO MUCH and I am only 13 now so please watch me grow bigger, yay!! ♥


Once again, another amazing performer, and another act to watch out for! Till next time, I'm o-u-t!

J~


Megan Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment